Dennis Estok <email@example.com>
53 East Mound Street
Knox, IN 46534
574-772-9135 — Main
574-772-9119 — Fax
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm Central Time
Starke County Road Map (pdf)(5.2MB on a 44kbps dial up it will take about 25 min.)
- Look over and and approve every building permit and subdivision that goes through the Starke County Planning Commission and conduct on-site inspections when necessary
- The following duties are in accordance with the duties of the Surveyor of Record for the following drainage boards (meetings held every month): (1) Starke-Pulaski, (2) Starke-Marshall, (3) Starke Regular, (4) Starke-Laporte-St. Joseph, (5) Starke-Marshall-Laporte-St. Joseph.
- Create and maintain minutes of each meeting.
- Create all drainage contracts and special provisions for excavating and spraying as well as all inspection reports and claims for contractors.
- Create and submit claims for Drainage Board members.
- Obtain permits from various Federal and State Regulatory agency concerning drainage projects.
- Create a Maintenance and Reconstruction priority list for all legal drains under each boards jurisdiction.
- Create Surveyor reports concerning all pertinent data on individual drains for each drainage board as needed
- Create and maintain Maintenance & Reconstruction assessment rolls for all assessed drains. (approximately 48)
- Service the public’s request for all information relating to these boards.
- Act as the drainage boards’ liaison between themselves and various state and federal agencies such as the Department of Natural Resources, Army Corps of Engineers, and the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Schedule and conduct public hearings as well as serve notices on all interested parties in accordance with State and Federal law. (minimum of 2 per year per board)
- Inspect and report on allegations of obstructions of legal drains, mutual drains, and natural surface watercourse.
- Make determination of watersheds for regulated drains.
- Perform the duties of a member on the following boards: Kankakee River Basin Commission and Starke County Planning Commission.
- Maintain or arrange maintenance for 5% of the section corners in Starke County each year.
- Maintain and record all legal records dating from the 1800s to the present.