STARKE COUNTY COUNCIL ORDINANCE 2021- 010
USE OF RECORER’S RECORDS PERPETUATION FUND
DURING CALENDAR YEAR 2022
WHEREAS MANDY THOMASON, Recorder of Starke County (the “Recorder”) has requested that the sum of $500.00 of the Recorder’s Records Perpetuation Fund be used to pay for postage expenses of the Recorder’s office for calendar year 2022 pursuant to authority and conditions of Ind. Code S 36-2-7-10.2(b); and,
THE RECORDER has filed an affidavit in support as required by said statute, which affidavit is attached hereto as Exhibit A; and,
WHEREAS the Council finds that the Recorder’s affidavit is in proper form and complies with the statute and finds that the Recorder’s request should be and hereby is approved and adopted.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the Starke County Council that:
The request of the Recorder to use the sum of $500.00 of the Recorder’s Records Perpetuation Fund to pay for postage expenses of the Recorder’s office for calendar year 2022 is hereby GRANTED This ordinance is valid for calendar year 2022 only.
All of which was ordained and adopted by the Council at its regularly scheduled public meeting on April 19, 2021 as Ordinance 2021-00.
Starke Co. Council Ord. 2020-OID EXHA
Mandy Thomason, being duly sworn, says:
- I am the duly elected Recorder of Starke County, Indiana.
- I am over the age of eighteen (18) years and make this affidavit upon my own personal knowledge.
- I am competent to testify to the matters set forth herein.
- As part of my duties, I administer the Starke County Recorder’s Records Perpetuation Fund. (“RPF”)
- The current revenue in the RPF is sufficient to fulfill the statutory purpose of the fund.
- The technology in the Recorder’s office is presently updated and at a level to sufficiently meet the purposes of the RPF and the Recorder’s office.
- The RPF has sufficient reserve, consistent with my plan, to capitalize the next technology or other records management upgrade necessary to fulfill the statutory purposes of the RPF and the Recorder’s office.
8, request that the sum of $500.00 of the RPF be used to fulfill the Postage expenses of the Recorder’s office for the 2022 calendar year.
9. I make this affidavit to induce the Starke County Council to adopt an Ordinance under Ind. Code 36-2-7-10.2(b)(2) approving my request.
I affirm, under penalties of perjury, that the foregoing representations, are true.
Date Mandy Thomason, Starke County Recorder
STATE OF INDIANA )
COUNTY OF STARKE )
Before me, a Notary Public in the State of Indiana, personally appeared Mandy Thomason, who acknowledged the execution of the foregoing Affidavit.
WITNESS, my hand and Notarial Seal, This A day of April, 2021.