STARKE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS ORDINANCE 2021- 012
ESTABLISHMENT OF A NEW FUND, THE “ARP GRANT FUND” FOR THE RECEIPT OF FUNDING FROM THE AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN AS ADOPTED BY CONGRESS IN 2021
WHEREAS the federal government has adopted the American Rescue Plan (“ARP”), which has been signed into law by the President; and,
WHEREAS it is necessary to establish a new fund in the Office of the Auditor of Starke
County for the purpose of receiving and depositing ARP funds;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the Board of Commissioners of Starke County, Indiana (the “Commissioners”) that:
l. There is created and established a new fund with the Auditor’s Office that shall be entitled the “ARP Grant Fund”, with the following fund number: 8950
- The Arp Grant Fund is non-reverting.
- Arp Grant funds shall be used solely for the the following purposes as set forth in S603(C) of the ARP, and in accordance with US Treasury Guidance, which for the purposes of Starke County, Indiana, may be summarized as follows:
- To respond to the public health emergency with respect to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) or its negative economic impacts, including assistance to households, small businesses, and nonprofits, or to aid the impacted industries such as tourism, travel, and hospitality;
- To respond to workers performing essential work during the COVID19 public health emergency by providing premium pay to eligible workers of the non-entitlement unit of local government or county that are performing such essential work, or by providing grants to eligible employers of eligible workers who perform essential work;
- For the provision of government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue of such non-entitlement unit of local government or county due to the COVID-19 public health emergency relative to revenues collected in the most recent full fiscal year prior to the emergency of the non-entitlement unit of local government or county; or
- To make necessary investments in water, sewer, or broadband infrastructure as approved by the US. Treasury.
- The funds shall be appropriated by the County’s fiscal body (the Starke County Council) before use.
- All expenditures from the ARP Grant Fund shall be approved by the Commissioners with all such claims to be paid from the County’s ARP Grant Fund.
- The Commissioners will establish the plan, conditions, and rules upon which the funds are to be requested and used.
- Any unused funds in the ARP Grant Fund shall be paid back to the United States Treasury when required.
This Ordinance shall become effective on August 2021. The Arp Grant Fund established hereunder shall be perpetual until amended or revoked by future action of the Commissioners.
Adopted by the Board of Commissioners of Starke County Indiana, and approved on this ____ day of August 2021, by the following vote:
Board of Commissioners of Starke County, Indiana