Information Technology Committee
The Office of Information Technology is currently recruiting members for the Starke County Information Technology Committee.
The Information Technology Committee is the faculty advisory body for policy and planning for information technology throughout the county. In performing its functions, it shall consult with such groups and individuals as it feels may be able to provide valuable advice. It may request such reports on budgets, personnel policies, and other topics as are necessary for it to make informed judgments and recommendations. It shall establish such subcommittees as are necessary to carry out its functions.
1. Reviews and makes recommendations on strategic planning for the county’s information technology resources.
2. Reviews the performance of information technology facilities and services in supporting and assisting government activities.
3. Receives reports from and provides general direction to committees formed to address specific information technology issues.
4. Monitors technical developments.
5. Consults with and advises appropriate administrative officers on budget and resource allocation matters including charges and funding sources for information technology services.
6. Receives recommendations from departments regarding the establishment, abolition or merger of information technology services and facilities supported by county funds, and makes recommendations regarding these actions to the appropriate administrative officers.
Information Technology Committee Minutes