Starke County Planning Commission
Terry Stephenson <email@example.com>
53 East Mound Street
Knox, IN 46534
574-772-9133 – Main
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm Central Time
The Plan Commission meets the third Wednesday of every month at 5:30 PM (local time)
Agenda and Minutes
The Starke County Plan Commission Office processes building , business and change of use applications into permits and provides the county with ordinances and provisions to protect and promote the public health, safety and general welfare.
Before taking a permit, we need the following information:
- If you are not the legal owner of the property; you will need a permission slip from the owner to construct or place a mobile or manufactured home.
- We need the entire legal description, size of the property and the map number from the auditor’s office.
- Cost of construction or cost of mobile or manufactured home and the year, make and serial or model number.
- Height of structure to the highest peak.
- Dimension of structure
- What other structures exist on the property and their sizes. You may obtain this information in the assessors office downstairs.
- Sketch showing where all structures are located and where the new structure will sit, also show how far the new structure will be from roads and property lines, north, south, east and west.
- Please be advised it is the property owners responsibility to make sure all requirements from the Planning Commission and the Board of Zoning Appeals are met. Permits can be revoked!